- Time of the tours: Time of the visit depends on the tide (Seasonal Tour Only)
- Tour lenght: 2 to 3 hours approximately
- What’s included? Private naturalist guide
- What do you need to take? Dark clothing, pants, waterproof jacket, shoes no sandals and repellent.
- Restrictions: This is a seasonal tour that operates from July to January approximately.
The Wildlife Refuge at Playa Hermosa is located in the Central Pacific coast, just 15 minutes from Jaco Beach. This place was created to protect the endangered Olive Ridley turtle and their nesting areas.
Release hundreds of baby turtles back to the ocean
On this tour you will have the opportunity to walk through this beautiful black sand beach in search of the turtles, you can witness the process of the laying of the eggs, collect eggs to take them to the nursery and release hundreds of baby turtles back to the ocean.
In each season they protect more than 100,000 eggs and release over 60,000 turtles from June to December.
Be part of this wonderful experience and help the conservation of the Olive Ridley turtle.