- Times of the tours: Flexible
- Tour lenght: 2 1/2 hours, 4 1/2 hours or full day tours.
- What’s included? Fresh fruit, ice cold drinks and British guides Chris and Andrea.
- What do you need to take? Comfortable clothes and shoes, bathing suit, towel, camera and sun block.
- Restriction:Children over 5 welcome and riders under 200 lbs in weight.
- Transportation:Is available for $10 per person.
Horseback riding Jaco with Discovery Horse tours, newly relocated to Mata De Platano. The perfect way to discover the wonders of the abundant nature surrounding us here at the private 1500 acre La Quina Reserve and Farm, near Jaco in Costa Rica. Discovery Horse Tours are renowned for the best trained, best cared for, and most loved animals in Costa Rica. All our horses are treated with the utmost respect and are ridden with loose reins and no metal in their mouths; many of our wonderful horses are rescues.
Even if it is your first time in the saddle, our horses will make you feel like an accomplished rider. Riders with experience will appreciate how happy, fit and responsive our horses are.
- Jungle Spa Experience: Our tour will take you through stunning pristine primary rain forest and incredible vistas. Surrounded by amazing flora and fauna, you will arrive at our beautiful secret waterfall. Immerse yourself in a natural spa skin treatment that will leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. This tour is perfect for first timers and experienced riders alike, with two guides you all get what you are looking for. A perfect combination of riding, nature exploration, relaxation and fun. A completely unique experience that won’t leave you feeling sore.
- El Pueblo: Follow the forest back roads with wide safe tracks to reveal stunning vistas, and spectacular views of the river. Discover the local village of Montalimar, and visit the beautiful butterfly garden and farm of Johnny Quiros. After checking out the old Church and Bull ring, ride back to La Quina alongside the pristine Rio Turrabalita. An amazing, unforgettable ride on responsive and fit horses, 4.5 hours.
“A perfect combination of riding, nature exploration, relaxation and fun”
- Honeymoon Rainforest Spa: Imagine just you and your loved one riding our beautiful horses through the stunning rain forest of La Quina with just your guide for company. Arrive at the secret waterfall to a glass of bubbly and a tropical fruit salad. Our guide will wait with the horses to allow the two of you privacy to luxuriate in the famous volcanic spa mud and spring fed pools, emerge refreshed and feeling incredible. Whether it is your first, or second honeymoon; having your own private spa in the middle of the rain forest, really is a once in a life time experience! 2.5 hours.
- The Beach: Nothing compares to running a horse along the deserted tropical pacific coast, watching the sunset on the horizon. Drift along side the lapping water and enjoy the sea breezes. Ride early in the morning and spot the flocks of scarlet macaws that make their home in the surrounding almond trees. Unforgettable. 2.5 hours Includes fresh fruit and drinks. Times depend on the low tide. Suitable for intermediate to advanced riders. Children over 10 years. Max 4 people.
|Prices||Jungle Spa Experience||El Pueblo||Honeymoon Rainforest Spa||The Beach|
|Horseback Riding||$75 per person||$85 per person||$175 per person||$75 per person|